Obituary for Herbert Stout
• He was born in Lafayette, Louisiana and raised in Houston, Texas
• After high school he enlisted in the US Navy and served in Viet Nam
• He settled in California after receiving an Honorable Discharge.
• He started his career in Aerospace and worked for 30 years. Later, after earning his AA degree and a BA degree he worked as a Probation Officer for 17 years.
• He retired in July, 2015
• His hobbies and interests included: tennis, snow skiing, reading, gourmet cooking, traveling, movies, playing Lott and computers. His passion and love was playing golf.
• Herbert was a very loyal, supportive and caring individual. He always had compassion for others.
• He was funny, sharp and witty. He was also known for making off the cuff jokes in colorful language to make you laugh.
• Overall, Herbert’s demeanor was cool, calm collective and laid back. He was a very generous person with a heart of gold. He eased through life with a great sense of humor, charm and wit. Always hard working and committed to his work. He will truly be missed by his friends and family.
Preceded in death by: grandmother, Mammie Sims, father, John Lee Stout, mother, Dona (Graham) Nelms and mother’s husband, Howard Nelms.
He is loved and missed by
Walker Family: Life Partner, Gwendolyn Walker; Majela Walker-Neuman, Tashini Walker and Afri Walker. Sister Marilyn Stout, two nephews and his beloved dog Coco, along with a host of dear family and friends.