Life Story for
James Francis Kennedy of Frazier Park, 71, passed away May 3.
He was born in August of 1946 in Storm Lake, Iowa, the first son of James Kennedy and Imogene Nitzke.
He attended St. La Salle School and was a 1964 graduate of Reedley High School. He attended Reedley College, graduated from Fresno State University with a bachelor’s degree in history and received a law degree from San Fernando Valley College of Law.
He was a debt collector. He served his country proudly as a U.S. Marine, earning the Purple Heart in Vietnam in 1967-68. He was a past member of the Reedley Fraternal Order of Eagles and Frazier Park Loyal Order of Moose Lodge, a longtime Chicago Cubs fan, and an avid reader and golfer.
He is survived by his first wife, Elizabeth Lightcap of Dayton, Ohio, and sons Michael and Thomas Kennedy of Simi Valley; his second wife, Lynne Schindler, and daughter Caitlyn Kennedy, both of Portland, Ore.; and a brother, Kevin Kennedy of Sanger.
CELEBRATION OF LIFE
* A celebration of Jim’s life will be held at the Reedley Eagles Lodge, 1230 11th St., Reedley, at 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 16.
* Another gathering of family and friends will take place at the Frazier Park Moose Lodge (Lake of the Woods), 6941 Lockwood Valley Rd., Frazier Park at 5 p.m Thursday, May 17.
* Visitation will be at 9:30 a.m. with a Rosary at 10 a.m. and Mass at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 17 at the old St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, 1060 F St. in Reedley.
* Burial with full military honors and a Marine Honor Guard will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, May 17 at Bakersfield National Cemetery, 30338 East Bear Mountain Blvd. in Arvin.
* Remembrances can be made to Semper Fi Fund, wwww.semperfifund.org, PO Box 555193, Camp Pendleton, CA 92055
Funeral services are under the direction of Lorenzen Angeleno Mortuary.
Share photos or memories of Jim to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit www.lorenzenangeleno.com.